4.29.2013

X&Y

Actually, I'm not exactly going to post the weekend topic here. The letter was X, and the word I chose was xenophobia / xenophilia. But, I felt it was a way too politically charged post with the current events as of late. I debated about whether to post it anyway, but decided against it this morning. If you are unfamiliar, Xenophobia/-philia is the fear (or love) of foreigners. For the record, I am neither. I'm also agnostic about immigration/emigration, that is to say I can't decide what I think is a wrong or a right stance for a country to take. I suppose it depends on that country. 

Like I said, too political. 

And we all know politics don't make friends. 

SO. 

Today's post is Y, which is for Yesterday. I said goodbye to my Sergeant yesterday. It was a trial run -- he won't be gone long -- but it sure felt like the real thing. And that's all I have to say about that. 

Forgive my brevity. I'm just not in an awesome mood today. I didn't get much sleep and, well, Gracie doesn't talk. 

I hope you all have a fantastic Monday, though! I'll be back tomorrow with some form of sarcastic wit that you'll find irresistible. 

So here's a song for the road. The Sarge and I love(d) Coldplay. Are you a fan of theirs? Have you heard this song before? What do you think??





love, me


2 comments:

  1. Ok, your Y makes me want to cry. At least he'll be back soon, but you'll be in my prayers. I cannot imagine being a military wife. I think you ladies are not recognized enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard that song before, but CH & I really like ColdPlay. Our youngest told us that it wasn't cool, though!

    ReplyDelete