4.05.2013

E is for eAward. Is that cheating?

E is for E-Award. I thought about doing another "E" as well, but this little Liebster award is no joke! I almost forgot to post today. I just can't get with the auto posting. I should work on that.

Anywho, here it goes.

I was tagged for this award by two gals, Jodi from the 100 Smile Challenge Blog and Jaime from Mommy on a Mission.


The Rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2.  Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3.  Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4.  Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5.  No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!




11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I'm right handed, but I tried to train myself to be be ambidextrous for at least 6 years. I'm not.
  2. I wear sweats and t-shirts 95% of the time but I REALLY want to be girly and trendy (and have somewhere to go in my bright skinny jeans!)
  3. My favorite book of all time was probably The Time Traveler's Wife.
  4. I want to be a country singer! LOL! It's true!!
  5. The easiest way to convince me to do something is to offer to feed me first. Not ashamed.
  6. I have a serious, likely incurable case of trypophobia. DO NOT GOOGLE IT. Don't say I didn't warn you. Goodness. I can't sit still now. 
  7. I make just about every consumable thing in our kitchen from scratch. And laundry detergent (See day D and thank your lucky stars)
  8. I have an unhealthy relationship with cheese.
  9. I have natural long and extremely strong nails and people are always asking if they're fake. I bit my nails until I was about 15 so I'm proud of them, even today. And I don't drink milk.
  10. I though all direct sales/party plans were scams until about two years ago. I know.
  11. My goal in life is to challenge women, especially military wives, to a legitimate relationship with Christ and a healthy image of self. 

11 Questions Answered (I have 22. Sorry!):

From Jodi: 

  1. What or who put a smile on your face today? Everything. Seriously today was awesome. Maybe talking to my dear friend Nicole. It's been FOREVER since we chatted and I have missed her. Or taking a walk with my neighbor and having good conversation. Today has been a good day.
  2. What or who inspires you to blog? I like to write, and I also like to be able to look back at what I was thinking or doing several years ago. I have a lot of journals from when I was young but everything's digital these days... right?
  3. What is your greatest goal right now? I really want to get a Perfectly Posh promotion (longer term) by adding to my team (shorter term). The baby steps are: get out of the house more, talk to more people, and be sure to connect with them (as in, the fortune is in the follow up!)
  4. What is your favorite way to spend ME time? I like to read. The Bible or other non fiction. I have recently joined a book club so I'm reading more fiction these days.. it's.. different.
  5. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be? I would want people to understand the love of Jesus!
  6. What is your best feature? I don't know that it's the best feature... but I am pretty honest lol. If you think I don't like you, I probably don't. I never did "fake" well and let's be honest... sometimes if makes my life hard LOL!
  7. What are you grateful for today? A sweet, funny, loving, supportive husband!
  8. What is your favorite candy? See's nuts and chews. Yummmmm!
  9. Which is your favorite holiday and why? Easter! This is just the celebration of the greatest event in the history of the world. Plus I love Spring.
  10. Dogs or cats? Dogs. I love cats and I used to hate dogs, but then there was Gracie. Also, I'm allergic to cats, it turns out.
  11. Which one word describes your mood right now? Creeped out. I just googled trypophobia to make sure I was spelling it right.. WHY do I do that to myself! UGH!

From Jaime:
  1. Baked or fried? Um batter it up and fry it. This is why I'm fat LOL!
  2. Iced or hot coffee? Tea, technically, but iced if I have to pick. Starbucks Frappucino I love you!
  3. What was your first car? A 92 Honda Accord. Hard to believe that model is more than 20 years old now. It was the best car in the WORLD.
  4. If you could go back to high school, would you ? Why? Heck no! Life is way more awesome when you make the rules. Also I was awkward and socially inept in high school and I wouldn't want that back for a minute. In fact, I still struggle... The Sarge used to volunteer with teens and going to the teen "area" of church gave me anxiety. Teens are mean lol.
  5. Do you like to wear hats? What kind? No, the fro makes that tough. But I do like hats. I just look really, really dumb in them!
  6. Night owl or early bird? Both... I know. Weird. People do not appreciate an "all day person" like I call myself!
  7. What is your favorite part of your body? My eyes! Or the aforementioned fingernails haha
  8. What is your strangest quirk? I don't know! Maybe it's the fear that I'll end up on one of those shows where I knew "the nicest guy in the neighborhood" and he's really a pyscho serial killer. And I had him over for dinner. Paranoia? Whatever. 
  9. What scares you the most? Spiders!
  10. What’s your favorite holiday? Why? Oops, answered that one!
  11. How did you meet your best friend? Church. We both went to the same church in Mountain View, CA back in 2004 or 5. I think we met at an evening event, like an Open Mic night or something along those lines. 

My Nominations for the Liebster Award are:
Sorry I don't have 11! 
1. Elise at Feel the Rain
2. Jessica at My Bag of Sunshine
3. Alicia at New House Girl
4. Jess at All American Jess -- who's blog I've been reading for about a year and we now live in the same general area!
5. Rachel at Romancing Rachel
6. Kati at Along for the Ryde -- although.. I don't know how many followers you have, friend!
7. Jes at BleuDress.com
8. Kathryn at Married Filing Joint
9. Dani at Short, Small and in Love
10. Leslyn at Leslyn's Lovely Life
11. The Coffee Lady at My Morning Cup of Coffee
My 11 Questions for my Liebster Nominees:

  1. Tell us about your favorite memory.
  2. What's your favorite show on television right now? If you don't watch TV, what's is your favorite TV show of all time? 
  3. How many siblings do you have, and do you get along?
  4. Where do you want to be/What do you want to be doing in five years?
  5. What movie are you looking forward to seeing? 
  6. How do you unwind after a tough day? 
  7. Do you prefer Apple or Mac products? Do you care?
  8. What was the last book you read? Did you like it? 
  9. What's your least favorite chore? Your most favorite? 
  10. Do you have any irrational fears? 
  11. Do you like to take baths, or do you prefer showers?


WHEW. If you read all that, dare I say you are a better blogger than I am? Just kidding. Sort of. I'll be back tomorrow with my usual fun. Until Monday friends, have a great and happy weekend! 


Other things that I almost wrote about today:

Earth Day, because, why not?
Evernote: one of my many virtual disappointments
Erica (my cousin)
Eventually... Yes, I almost wrote about the word "eventually" because I use it SO much. This is another one you can be glad you missed!


Favorite D posts
I try to hop around to about 20 blogs from the mega list if I have the time. 
Here are some of my favorites from yesterday.
D is for Disappeared Without Explanation at Retro Zombie. That would be, "TV characters" who disappeared.
D is for Drive Ins at My Loves, My Life. Nostalgia is ALWAYS fun.
D is for "Dare to keep your head on straight" at Another Clean Slate. LOVE all four of her days so far! Yay!
D is for Daddy's Girl at TIME OUT is Not Just for Kids ... because I am a total daddy's girl!


love, me


3 comments:

  1. Okay, yes I googled trypophobia. Interesting...very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things- I too am an all day person. I also googled trypophobia... I'm so creeped out now I can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete