5.06.2013

There is a Z, and Happy Monday!

Hi friends! I'm sorry I went MIA for the last week. I'm back to my (mostly) regularly scheduled shenanigans, much to your excitement I'm sure. 

This weekend was pretty nice. I always have a hard time sleeping when the Sarge is gone, at least for the first week. I've been waking up extremely late and going to bed extremely early (in the morning) so my days are all wacky. But it was a good weekend, no less.

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

1. I would have made my dear friend Ezzie proud, as I had a mega-Lost marathon. I never watched the show originally and I've been saving it for when we turn off the cable when Sergeant J deploys but.. I couldn't wait lol. I saw the first season before we left San Diego, but the second season hadn't quite drawn me in yet. This show is exhausting and I hate several of the characters.. but I really need to know what's going to happen next. So.. am I trendy yet??

2. This.



3. Our neighbor's son is a college man now, but he's back in town. Apparently, the entire neighborhood is made of BFFs.. so everyone came out last night. The boys were playing basketball in our little pseudo cul-de-sac. The girls were sitting around .. doing girl stuff. And my neighbors, the parents, sat in lawn chairs and petted the dogs. And there I was. Alongside the parents. 

It was bittersweet, being with the adults. I mean, I'm obviously too old to be hanging around a bunch of teenagers -- and even for those who don't think I'm too old, mostly they don't interest me that much anyway. I prefer the conversations of adults these days. But it's weird being this person. I'm not sure when I made that transition. I guess it was slow and unintentional.

4. Some might say my love of Essie nail polish is an obsession. ....It kiiinda is.




5. I wouldn't exactly say that I finished that A to Z challenge with a bang, but there WAS a Z. It's for Zurg. You know. ZURG! Zurg means: I have a 12 year old for a husband (in Toy Story speak). But I wouldn't have it any other way.




Happy Monday, friends!




love, me


2 comments:

  1. At least you were next to the parents and not sitting in your house!
    Cute picture of your husband! He'll keep you young! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh but those nail polish colours are SO pretty!

    Your man has a great smile!
    I suspect I'm the kid in my marriage.

    ReplyDelete