4.03.2013

C is for Countdown

This morning, I asked Sergeant J to fill in the blank: "C is for...?" 

His answer was "cookie". 

Well, I can't write an entire blog post on cookies, except that I love oatmeal cookies (no raisins) and I'm going to miss them terribly when I try the keto diet out... and I'm already mourning the loss... and I baked the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made last week and I'm already sad about missing those too.... I guess I could write an entire post. But I won't force you to sit through that LOL! 

My "C" is for countdown, as in, countdown to my parents' visit to Florida which is happening next week. I'm really excited because my parents are fantastic. My dad's birthday is next weekend so I look forward to taking him to have a nice juicy steak. Also, my mom always makes me shop which is good because I'm sick of my wardrobe but too fashion clueless or broke to make changes! Plus they're funny. And it will be nice to know more than one person in a two hour radius, even if it is temporary!

But I'm not ready. We moved here a little over 2 months ago and I'm the slowest homemaker ever so, we still have a room full of boxes and I'll be honest.. We haven't even touched the boxes in the garage. Really, there aren't that many. But it makes me think, maybe I should get rid of these things? They have been in boxes in our home for 2 months, in storage for two months before that, and many of them sat undisturbed in storage in San Diego. 

How much stuff do we hold on to that we don't need? I mean, some of those things are things that I want to keep but don't need to look at very often. For example, my college notebooks (from my major): I keep those because there is a lot of valuable information in them about practical ministry. Or my EEE box, which is full of memories of pledge week and my sisters. There are some things that are worth keeping, but much of it is just my hoarding tendency. I better keep that in check or H will be for Hoarder: Buried Alive.

By the way, hoarding is such a first world problem, isn't it? 

So much for a post about my parents. You see how easy it is to get me off topic? 

Join us in the A to Z Challenge. I'm already challenged and it's only Day C, aye aye aye!


love, me


12 comments:

  1. Hi Aleasa,
    I'm stopping in for the A-Z Challenge and as a comedy writer it's fun to read someone else's blog with their happy life! You're so upbeat, even about your potential hoarding. Too fun! Have a great A-Z month and enjoy your parents' visit!
    Best wishes,
    Alicia from newhousegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm the worst at keeping stuff..especially from my days at obu & my childhood. i have stuff in a storage closet and it will just sit there..because what are you supposed to do with that stuff? throw it away? no way. that's like blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bahahaha... yeah... Here's what I worry about: I'm going to die and whoever comes to clean out my stuff will judge me! lol

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can check out my post at http://byram3.wordpress.com/2013/04/03/nom-nom-weigh-in-wednesday/ .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Tomorrow's post will be "E-awards" or something similar. How fun.. thank you!

      Delete
  4. I agree that c is for cookie! Chocolate chip or oatmeal sounds pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh for shame! i'm pretty sure i'll fail at this diet. you just made me hungry all over again!

      Delete
  5. there is so much energy in your posts. I bet you are a kick to be around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you!! I have been FULL of energy the past few days and I'm not sure why. Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't worry about getting those boxes unpacked...by the time you do, you'll have to pack them back up for reassignment! ;)

    ReplyDelete