4.04.2013

D is Deployment

Hey somebody gave me a blogging award! Imagine that. So, I'll be writing about that tomorrow! Yay for people who don't think I'm boring!

Now, for the letter "D".

Okay, well I may as well just discuss it. It's a giant elephant in this blog. (Oh... you didn't know? The Sarge is deploying. Now it's an elephant. Do you notice?) 

Yup. Sergeant J is going to be gone for a year to a combat zone. But you know what? I'm not sad. I hope none of you think I am sad, or I should be sad because I'm not. For one thing, I knew what I was getting into and this deployment is actually going to be great for his career. (For the record, don't EVER say "you knew what you were getting into" to a military wife as "encouragement".. she's likely to punch you in the throat a la Melissa McCarthy in Identity Thief. At least in her head. I did know.. all wives don't. And it doesn't change that you're without your better half for 6 months to a year or longer. Just sayin'. That one was free... you're welcome.)


via
So. Deployment brings about many challenges. For one, I'm going to have to be the main killer of the freak shows around this place. That is LAME. I had to kill a spider yesterday that was black and huge and I about piddled myself in the process. That will be a huge challenge for me, but maybe I'll come out on the other side as a female version of Rambo! I read somewhere that it was pretty much guaranteed that a 6+ legged undocumented new species would crawl across your floor during a deployment. And it will be summer in Florida, so I believe it. So, who's going to fly out here and protect me for a year? Any takers? 

Another challenge that I'm dreading looking forward to overcoming is being lonely. I don't know many people yet and I'm sure that will change but meeting people stresses me out and the Sarge is always there to help calm me down. Doing it alone is almost too much for an anxious person like me. 

But there are SO many good things that can come out of deployment. I'll be living on a $25 weekly delivery of organic and local produce, only having to buy meat once a week since I'm not really big on the meat thing. That alone will help save so much money. I'm thinking we can pay off at least my student loan (higher balance) and a few other small accounts. AND I'll be saving up for ITALY. And, I just might be able to get another promotion with Perfectly Posh since I have more time to spend working the biz! (By the way everyone! I got promoted last month! Yay!!)

I love that we are a military family. It has plenty of challenges, but there are good things that come along with everything. Perspective.


Like these things: 




Well, yeah.




Lots of memories in lots of places we may not have otherwise chosen to live!




The HOMECOMING. Oh my goodness what's better than that?!



Other things that I almost wrote about today:

Django Unchained (be glad I didn't! lol)
Diaries. I've kept several since I was eleven. But that's about all I have to say about that!
Dogs, as in, Gracie. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of her soon. Don't worry. 
Detergent.. as in Laundry Detergent. Only because I made some this morning and I was at a loss for D words lol.


Favorite C posts
I try to hop around to about 20 blogs from the mega list if I have the time. 
Here are some of my favorites from yesterday.
C is for Chardonnay at New House Girl (which... her whole A to Z is going to be about wine, so it might be on my list everyday lol) 
C is for Catachresis at Writing Reading and Life! Tell me about your experience "catachrizing" (I'm fairly certain THAT is not a word but just go with it, will you?)
C is for Cider Drink at Slappy in the Face... Mainly because I got taken back to school with the video!
C is for Careless Whisper at Maybe It's Just Me. I LOVE angsty 80s music!

Come back tomorrow for the letter E! OR join the A to Z challenge yourself!



love, me


9 comments:

  1. Found your blog yesterday for countdown and enjoyed deployment (well the post not the event). THanks for posting some of your favorite C posts...I started following the New House Girl thanks to your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm glad that someone found that useful. Lots of the blogs I visit (I just click on them randomly) are not even participating really or are dead links. But I usually find 2 or 3 that I want to keep around!

      Delete
  2. Thoughts and hugs to you and your husband! I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I wrote a comment and the internet ate it. Basically, killing spiders by yourself sucks. But paying off your loan is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to paying of your loan and on the deployment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratz on your promotion and all the very best for the next one :)

    Bhavya from the AtoZ Challenge blogging at Just Another Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about 2.5 hours away love! :) We shall get together!!! Will be praying for you and John!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there- I hopped over from the A-Z challenge! Great D post-You sound like you have such a good attitude about deployment! I also love your list of posts that almost were, so funny! And it's so smart to feature your favorite posts from the day before. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to check out some of your favorite posts...great idea! I'm sure it's very hard when your husband is deployed. My husband is from a military family, and it amazed me that no matter where we went, he'd run into somebody he knew from the military.

    ReplyDelete