4.18.2013

P is for Pampering

Today I'm receiving a big order of Posh stuff. (You may or may not know, I'm a consultant for a direct sales company called Perfectly Posh... we sell pampering goodies. And, well, yes.. it was kind of a given that at least ONE post would talk about it. So. Here you go.)

I'm really excited. I love getting packages, for one, and I love treating myself to a pampering afternoon. Sometimes it's my toes getting the love, sometimes my face.. sometimes it's a long soak in the tub. But you know what? I don't think women think they have time for this kind of thing. You don't need an hour or a hundred bucks to go to the spa. You don't even need (and I say this begrudgingly) Perfectly Posh. What you DO need is a mentality that says, hey, I deserve this. Then you march into your shower, and you take those 5 minutes to yourself, and you make them special by dropping a bath bomb into the shower for aroma therapy. Or you light a candle while you wash your face, and use gentle circular motions and pretend you're getting a facial. Or you you wear a mask around the house and scare the kiddos but appreciate the extra moisture. Or you just put on some mascara, because for goodness sake you want to look like a woman again!

I'm just saying. People (women) get this pampering thing all ruffled up in their minds but stop doing that and start splurging on something to make the mundane pleasant. And when I say splurging, I mean spend $9 on some bath bombs, skip the bath, and use them five or six times in the shower. Stop being so complicated and be nice to yourselves sometimes. Also, think outside the box. Men, too. I know that doesn't appeal to men nearly as much, but what's the hold up? It's nice to smell good every now and then! The Sarge won't admit it to you, but he has enjoyed his aloe aftershave. We don't judge you 'round these parts.

And there's my discourse on pampering for the everyday person. You're welcome. 

Also, if you're interested, here's what I did today to pamper myself:
-In my shower, I have a scrubby loofah, which is about as pampering as it gets, but I took it a step further and used a scrub on my arms, legs and torso instead of the regular body wash.
-I washed my face with a pepperminty face wash. If you've ever used one, you know what it's like. It's cooling and almost tingly. Because why not?
-I used a detoxing mud mask this morning. I put it on, took the dog out (yup, you read that right), and rinsed it off after I fed her.
-My moisturizer has caffeine in it.. so let's just call that a wrinkle fighting treatment.

It's not even noon folks. I just saved $50 at the spa and it's not. even. noon. Get to loving yourself friends!



Favorite O posts:


O is for Oven by Sandy at Sandy Sanderella's Musings ...because GREAT THINGS come from that over there. Yum!
O is for Obsidian by Aimee at AimeeKay's Reviews and Awesome Randomness! ... because I'm always looking for a good book to read!
O is for Overrated (video games) at The NovaBug Blog. Even though one of my favorite games was on the list (GTA San Andreas) but I don't judge.
O is for the Old Princess at The Multicolored Diary ...because basically, this should be a Disney movie





love, me


4 comments:

  1. WOW!! You had an awesome day!! I'll bet you look stunning! I think Sergeant should take you to dinner!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. He did actually take me out... To Steak n Shake!! :)) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I like your fun and happy blog! I'm visiting from the Challenge and discovered it. I'm surprised I haven't heard of your direct sales company as I have a sister who's done direct sales for many many years, and tried a lot of different companies. But the posh goodie bags sound very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very new to the direct sales circuit, but I really like it! Posh is a new company, less than 2 years old, but it has really been a blessing to me and the Sarge. Thank you very much for stopping by!! :))

      Delete