4.09.2013

Bathroom Makeover Reveal

If you are looking for the A to Z Challenge post, click here!

You remember a while back I posted about my bathroom that looked like this: 



Which... isn't the worst looking thing in the world. But it could definitely use a little pep. So, we pepped it up!




We used Valspar Kitchen & Bath Paint and Primer in one in Vessel Gray. It was way easier than I thought and I am super pleased with the result. It's supposed to be formulated to withstand more cleaning and humidity than a typical paint.

And here it is!!








I want to get towels that are closer to the citron color of the shower curtain. I wanted a less sunny, more organic and earthy yellow (The colors are a little dull on that last photo. I took these with my iPad and my cell phone.. the duller colors are complements of 'le cell phone'). The shower curtain is from west elm and it is the actual reason this whole bathroom happened. 

But I'm happy in spite of the hue differences!





I also used contact paper to spruce up the ugly cabinet that came with the house. It doesn't look that bad in this picture, but trust me... it's ugly lol! I'll be getting a few of these striped hand towels in the next couple of days... 



so it's looks more at home than the tan one in this picture LOL!



And of course, the obligatory Scentsy plugin there in the corner. 
This one is "Bumble Bee" and I really like it. It's cheery.

In case you're wondering, I'm warming Honey, Do!





Here is the scripture printable I used.


 
I made it in the middle of the night as the Spirit brought this verse to mind! I'm sure it's in any number of bathrooms or laundry rooms! You can download it for free. I made it using Microsoft Publisher. (I know, I'm such a graphic designer!)


YAY for makeovers! What do you think? It's no "Pin" but I like it so much! I'll be back tomorrow, resuming my A to Z blog challenge :)


love, me


9 comments:

  1. Love it. My whole house needs some pep - slow but sure we are working on it - as cash is made available to us. It would be so much easier to just knock it out on credit, but deep down, we don't want to do that. I hope to get started soon and then I'll post my pictures.

    Great job and I love the scripture print. You have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love that shade of gray. I recently painted my whole living room a gray. (Also, I did not forget about the Liebster...getting to that soon!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I am in love with the yellow and gray combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you will be living close to me...I'll need some of your creative vision!! Love it! I can totally see soaking in that room...the flicker of candles reflecting off the bubbles...ahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam I was thinking about buying some candles to put on that ledge and I thought of you. I bought myself a bombinator so I could channel my inner Pam for JUST that reason!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you will be living close to me...I'll need some of your creative vision!! Love it! I can totally see soaking in that room...the flicker of candles reflecting off the bubbles...ahhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw you bible verse sign on pinterest and love it! I was wondering if you could make it without the white frame, so the words would take up the whole 8x10 paper. Not sure if we are allowed to edit it or anything but not sure how to anyway! lol... I would love to print it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering if you remember where you bought the shelf?

    ReplyDelete