3.17.2011

challenge day 4: with or without you.

something you can't live without, because you've tried.

the first answer that comes to mind is my Lord and savior Jesus Christ! i was raised in church, daughter of a preacher. and like all good preacher's kids, i rebelled. after i graduated high school, i fell slowly away from the things i'd been taught. i never stop believing in God, so to speak, but i stopped trusting him and began trying to cut my own path through this world. that's a painful thing, y'all. it took three years before i realized that there is no peace, no comfort, no hope in this world without faith in something greater than yourself. i stopped trying to be an "intellectual" and having all my questions answered, because who wants a god who only does things they understand? that puts the god at our level, and i want my God to be much smarter than me.. even if that means i can't always piece his ways together. i didn't stop asking questions, of course. all my questions led me to a study of theology at ouachita, which is a passion of mine even today.

and, secondly, you can ask any one of my pledge sisters or my sweet suitey megan, i'm sort of pathetic without sergeant j. i know that's lame and i can't believe i'm admitting it to the blogopshere, but i wasn't sure i would ever fully heal from our short time of being broken up. he and i are just best friends, and just as you couldn't imagine your best good friend turning their back on you, i had a hard time dealing with the idea that he wasn't going to be part of my life. it was quite devastating. and you can call me quite ridiculous, but i don't care. it's the truth.

and on a lighter note, i can't live without lotion. especially good smelling lotion, but really any kind that moisturizes well. i won't even try.

what have you tried to live without, and simply cannot?


love, me

challenge button

JOIN THE PARTY!
it's never too late to spring clean. click here for more info on our 30-day blog challenge.


*please link to today's post, rather than your main blog page. there will be a new linky tomorrow! the main link up is located on the spring forward tab at the top of the page :))

No comments:

Post a Comment