3.15.2011

challenge day 2: dislike!

something you really don't like about yourself.

just like it was hard to pick just one thing i liked about myself (haha) it's also hard to pick something i don't like about myself. i am so insecure sometimes. just last week, the sarge wanted me to go out with him and the guys for karaoke, and y'all KNOW i love me some karaoke... but i was just feeling too fat, and like i didn't have the right outfit, and like i would sing badly (as if that weren't part of the whole fun of karaoke), and too boring, etc. etc. etc.

it's like i can't quiet that silly little voice in my head. and i wish i could. i have a husband who thinks i'm hot stuff (did i mention he's crazy?) and i know my God made me just the way i am, perfect for his purposes -- fearfully and wonderfully made and all that -- but, gah! just can't get past it some days. i think it's partially being a girl. i think i experienced some serious rejections when i was in high school and maybe earlier that i perhaps haven't worked through yet. but what a bummer.

and on a lighter note. i really, REALLY wish i wasn't addicted to delicious food! that's a weakness that really keeps on giving...

what is something you dislike about yourself? admittance is the first step to recovery!


love, me

challenge button

JOIN THE PARTY!
it's never too late to spring clean. click here for more info on our 30-day blog challenge.


*please link to today's post, rather than your main blog page. there will be a new linky tomorrow! the main link up is located on the spring forward tab at the top of the page :))

2 comments:

  1. Don't beat down on yourself! If it were me, I'd get up there and sing Fat Bottom Girls by Queen!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insecurity gets me all the time too! I agree that some of it just comes from being a girl, too.

    ReplyDelete