3.08.2013

Five Question Friday!

It's Friday! So as an act of getting back into the groove of blogging, I am linking up with Mama M over at Five Crooked Halos!




1. Does your family coordinate clothing for church on holidays like Easter?
No. We never have. I used to get dressed up when I was younger, but I'm just not really that formal a person so... as soon as I was old enough to protest, I did. But I LOVE Easter. It is my favorite holiday! Because HE'S ALIVE y'all!! This should be the happiest day of everyone's year!! But no. No matching outfits :)

2. How do you get out of a funk?

This is a hard question for me, because it is super easy for me to get into a funk. I think the BEST way that I have found to get out of a funk is to spend some time with the Lord, reflect on my overall situation, and get some perspective. It helps me to write out prayers to God. It's okay to reason with the Lord... you will always be humbled (like Job) and these prayers usually end up as praises! I also listen to some music -- usually I start with music that matches my mood (lame) and I hear a song from an album I love, listen to the other music from the album, and get perked up that way.

3. Online friends - real friendships or not?

I think online friendships can be real. I don't think a person I have only ever known online could ever be my BEST friend necessarily, but that's because I think you need real face time with a person to really get to know them. So.. friends, why not? I've met people online that I would consider friends. I have also met people through blogging who I thought could be friends, but then they stopped replying to my emails lol. We (at least my generation) need to be more careful about how we treat friendship. The word friend gets thrown around so carelessly these days and I am a believer that it actually has an emotional impact. I'm still marinating on this idea. 

By the way, have you seen what has happened to Manti Te'o over "online (girl)friends"? I mean, this guy is fighting to convince professional football teams that he won't be a distraction because of an online girlfriend that didn't exist. I believe he really didn't know it.. I PERSONALLY know people who have "dated" online. I don't think there's anything wrong with meeting people online, but there is NO SUBSTITUTE for real life relationships. Don't cheat yourself! 

4. What is the one food you must eat in a restaurant (not make yourself)?

French fries! Really, anything deep fried. It can be messy. I don't ever want to be seen buying that much oil. And battered and fried is not a food group. That way, it doesn't happen often!

5. What would happen in your home if you ran out of ketchup?

We usually don't have ketchup anyway! But if for some reason we didn't have it and wanted it, I would probably find a recipe to make my own. You know. Because I rule.

Enjoy your weekends friends. I'll see you next week! 

OH and if you love these memes (is that what they're called?) I'm reviving an old one I used to do waaaaay back when I first started blogging called Top Two Tuesday! It was not my idea, but I LOVED doing them and the original blogger is no longer blogging publicly. So... hopefully I don't step on any toes. Come back Tuesday for more information!
 

love, me



2 comments:

  1. Hi Aleasa, nice to meet you. I found you on the A-Z challenge and when I saw that happy face picture of you on your blog, you just looked liked someone I would love to follow. God Bless <><

    http://mymorningcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I have stopped by your page and it's nice to have a place to start in that sea of names! :) I'm excited about the challenge!

      Delete