3.13.2012

i'm 'A' hero!

apparently there aren't a lot of people with type A- blood, so the american red cross harasses me every 56 days to give blood. last time i gave blood, we went to chuck e cheese afterward.. and let's just say that was a disaster.

i thought it couldn't get worse.

i gave blood on sunday (my birthday... ) it seemed like such a great idea at the time! so, of course, i felt kind of light-headed and dizzy afterward.

to be expected.

and when i went to bed, i thought... "hm.. my throat is a little scratchy..."

fast forward about 18 hours and i'm sitting in class, shivering violently in what was supposedly a 'warm' room. one of my classmates felt my forehead and said i seemed warm and should maybe go home. which i did.

and do you know what my temperature was?

103.7!

that's like a freaking radio station. not a temperature.

so i've been self medicating with nyquil and drinking water and iced tea like it's going out of style.

but lord, i hope i saved a life!
 

love, me

2 comments:

  1. Not fun!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people are probably very greatful for your donation! PS I left you something on my blog...

    ReplyDelete