3.01.2012

being perfect

 
 hello all. i've been away from the blog world for a while for various reasons... and i can't promise that i'm back (to anyone who was curious) but i will say HAPPY LEAP DAY! did you know that people who turn 21 on a leap day are not "officially" of legal age until march first? that's a bummer, isn't it?

i have a lot going on. being a part of two bible studies, leading one of them, possibly becoming someone's mentor (who let that happen?!), trying to plan and maintain all of the household issues, working for a few hours a week, and of course, a full load at school ( which -- how do you moms deal with the issue of going back to school? and working, some of you full time?! i can't even manage the house and feed my husband without having a nervous break down!). there are a lot of demands on me right now and i'm sure a lot of you can relate.

and pinterest (don't ask me when i have time to pin.. just don't ask!) doesn't help. isn't it just a gallery of how people are doing things so well? isn't it just an opportunity to figure out how many ways you are not making the mark?

my organization board is full of immaculate homes that speak to budgets larger than my own (even stuff from the dollar store adds up once you consider sprucing the stuff up)

my style pin board is full of awesome clothes so that people can dress like an adult while i feel like i'm a teenager masquerading. and let's be honest.. it never quite looks the same on my body.

my recipe board is full of scrumptious and (sometimes) healthy eats. and i'd love to cook them... but when? and let's not forget that i should be counting my points and finding time to work out. let's not even get on that southbound train.

and i feel like i'm not connected to God like i want to be. do you ever think that? beat yourself up because you didn't have a quiet time today? wonder what a quiet time is even supposed to consist of?



tell me i'm not the only one who has dealt with this? you don't have to comment or raise your digital hand, because i already know. augustine had it right: the Lord has formed us for himself, "and our hearts are restless" until we find him. seek the lord for peace and completeness this week. HE is your strength.


stop the madness!


take a deep breath with me.



he knows how we are formed. he remembers that we are dust. (ps 103)

and he is not shaken. (is 54)

in fact, his power is made perfect in weakness. (2 co 12)

WE cannot do it all -- he never asked us to. we rely on HIS purpose. so that he gets the glory. that's the point -- it's not about us!

and there is NO CONDEMNATION in him! (rom 8)

we cannot be perfect. he doesn't even expect us to. isn't that a relief?

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me
and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24

girls. let's live in something greater than ourselves this week! i hope to hear from you about what you're giving up control of today, right now! he loved us enough to die. can't we love him enough to live the life he paid such a great price for?






love, me

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post Aleasa- thanks for the honesty! I have been having those 'how do people do it?!' weeks...no, months! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That section from Psalm 139 is one of my favorites. I feel like this ALL the time. Such a good reminder. I love this post!

    ReplyDelete