11.02.2012

Giving Thanks -- Day 2

Today I am thankful for my parents!

I have awesome parents and I got to talk to them today so they are on my mind.

First of all, I'm really blessed to have both of my parents still with me and the thought of losing them crosses my mind occasionally. My maternal grandma passed about six years ago (wow.. can't believe it's been that long) and seeing my mom go through it gave me hope because of her faith, but it also broke my heart to hear her talk about all the memories and the pain of losing a mom. Anyway, my folks are alive and together and I wish I'd appreciated them more and earlier!

My dad is a pastor and we have the greatest theological conversations. He seems like the strong silent type but he's crazy hilarious when he gets in his silly mood -- and I wish I had the ability to pull off the serious thing. He also has the faith of a saint and I can only aspire to the strength of his spirit.

My mom is my best friend. We had a rough high school period, and I often think about how much time I wasted with her. She has so much wisdom and I could have been benefiting from it much earlier in life! She is funny and sassy but has a precious quiet spirit that I wish I had.

Together they model a marriage that I hope for! They are incessantly forgiving and, even though they are completely different, they complement one another beautifully. What shining examples of faith meeting life -- I am indeed grateful for these precious folks I get to call mom and dad!
 

love, me


No comments:

Post a Comment