11.17.2010

accomplishment and WILW

and so begins another blog challenge.  but first... here's what i'm lovin'.


i'm loving that i've found the scentsy product line!  my house smells so good :)  -- and i promise, i'll only mention it a few more times on my blog!!


i'm loving the preparation for THANKSGIVING with my BFF and her family.  carin.  go see her blog!


i'm loving the cooler november weather (finally!)


i'm REALLY loving peace with God about things that are out of my control. 

and of course, 
i'm loving my sweet and supportive hubby.. who deals with all my ridiculousness.  seriously.



and now...
brittney's blog challenge day 1
biggest accomplishment

/əˈkämpliSHmənt/Noun

1. Something that has been achieved successfully.
2. The successful achievement of a task.
achievement
1. The act of accomplishing or finishing  (uh, thanks...)
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

ah, thank you.  well.  i'd have to say, as far as something i've persevered toward.. it would have to be graduating.

ok.  lots (well, not LOTS, but a decent number) of people graduate from college.  i get that.

but how many of them start at a school with a full scholarship, fail/drop out, move halfway across the country (...for a boy!), work for three years while going to school at night, and return to the very place of their greatest failure in life to graduate with a B average?

oh, more than just me?  well.. they can celebrate too.

but that's my greatest accomplishment thus far.  and one that still surprises me to this day.  in fact, in ouachita hadn't sent me a diploma, i probably wouldn't trust my own transcript.

and guess what?  i'm better for all of it.  even the boy mistake.. whoops.

my SECOND greatest accomplishment, since you asked, was the country.  this is my (private) song about that situation.


conquest!

he was out to make a conquest
didn't care what harm was done
just as long as he won
the prize

conquest!

she was just another conquest
didn't care whose heart was broke
love to him was a joke
until he looked into her eyes

and then in the strange way things happen
their roles were reversed from that day
the hunted became the huntress
the hunter became the prey

conquest!

now you know who made the conquest
she, with all her female guile
led him helpless down the aisle
she had finally made a conquest

a-a-a-aaaaah!

and then in the strange way things happen
their roles were reversed from that day
the hunted became the huntress
the hunter became the prey

conquest!

now you know who made the conquest
she, with all her female guile
led him helpless down the aisle
she had finally made a conquest

conquest!
(lyrics and music by the white stripes)

now go link up and join the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I've heard about scentsy! And I am loving The White Stripes! Omgosh, are we cloned?
    I'm having my first Giveaway,too! How ironic!

    ReplyDelete